Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gashed

I took a pretty hard foul going in for a lay-up at basketball last night. Honestly, I think it was borderline between being a good hard foul and a cheap shot. I had already released the ball. And if the defender had been legitimately going after the ball instead of me, I don't think there is anyway I should have ended up crashing into the bleachers. I've got a nice sized gash along my right forearm. It's not very deep, but today it still stings a little.

I've played basketball for years. I've fouled and I've been fouled. I'm not one of those players who goes out looking for contact, but I play aggressively and probably get fouled a little more than average. I get that. But as I think about it today, I do think the foul, if not completely uncalled for, at the least showed extremely poor judgement on the person who committed the foul. The ball had been released and it wasn't going to change the outcome of the play one way or the other.

Not that it's going to change this person, but I'll have to mention this to him next week. As with most of the guys I play with, he's a decent fellow off the court. He just needs to show better judgment on the court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home