Monday, November 12, 2007

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
The manager gives me a smile
Because he knows that it's me that they're coming to see
To forget about life for a while.

I took Wifey to see Billy Joel for her birthday. He's looking like a grandpa these days, but he can still sing and he really still is the Piano Man. I wonder if he knew when he wrote that song, that he would be writing his legacy, that it was the way people would always think of him. In some ways it would be great to be able to define yourself that way.

This was only our second time out since the little one came along. Wifey's parents came over and when the baby wasn't looking, we snuck out of the house. We had a nice dinner and a nice concert, and Wifey called home less than 10 times. Though, I think she did check her phone for messages after every song.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Lilstar said...

if you need a getaway when your parents aren't in town, let me know if you want a jodi-sitter :)
--cs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home