Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year Randoms

Doesn't the college football season seem to be dragging on forever. I liked the old days where the season just ended with the bowl games all on one day. Or maybe its just that the games have been pretty bad this year.

And so it begins. The countdown really feels like it starts today with the Iowa Caucus. Hopefully, we'll do better this time. Not that we really chose Junior anyway. Nine old people in DC did that to us.

It was tough coming back to work today. As the alarm went off and it was still very very dark outside, I thought about how nice it would be to be retired, to not have to go up and do that thing I get paid for again. It had been so much better just lazing around the house like I'd just done all week. If I could just find someone to pay me to do nothing, that would be good.

Actually, Wifey and I did tackle one small project. I've mentioned before I've got really bad hands. I can't do much of anything. And house projects scare me. I know my lack of ability and I worry that anything I try will just end up a disaster, lowering the value of my home and costing more time and money and heartache than I can handle. I guess I'd say I'm afraid of breaking anything I touch.

But over the break, we managed to make our way down to Home Depot and buy supplies and painted Little J's nursery. Wifey had been irritated by the numerous marks on the walls in that room as well as a couple obvious holes in the plaster. Anyway, the paint job isn't up there with Monet or Picasso. Or probably even Tim Allen, but it's pretty much the color we were hoping for. Overall a serviceable job, but nothing to brag about. I wonder if Little J notices the difference. I wonder if someday in the future she will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home