Saturday, March 03, 2007

Horse Race 08 starting early

We're in for a long long ride. We're nearly two years and one billion dollars away from electing the 44th president of the United States, but by all accounts, the starter pistol has fired and the horses are running. Not that Congress has ever been a model of efficiency, but how are they to address any issues if everyone is already knee deep in the next election cycle. Everyone is already more concerned with political grandstanding than good governance.

But maybe it's good news that Americans seem to be paying some attention to the candidates and the issues. Maybe they won't get hoodwinked into electing anymore clowns from the Bush family.

One of my coworkers is already wearing the button that she ordered on line and posting a huge sign on her house window visible from the N-Judah. She's only two thirds of the way through her candidates latest best selling biography, but she seems to have made up her mind. She has also request an office bake sale to raise money for her candidate, but I had to shoot the idea down. Not that I nor I think anyone in my particular office would probably care, but at some level somebody probably would and I didn't want to be the manager trying to explain that sort of thing. Still I admire her gumption and I wish her the best of luck in her efforts.

Me, I've got opinions of several of the candidates yet, but they are all likely to change before they actually matter. I'll just continue to monitor the race from a far for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home