Friday, February 09, 2007

Catching up on Baby Time.

So I've been at it a little longer than a week at this point. It's a complete change of pace being away from the office and serving as caretaker to the little one. I've changed a lot more diapers than I'd care to count, and mostly it's been okay. It's just every once in a while, where she cries and there doesn't seem to be any earthly reason that it gets sort of frustrating. No one ever wants to hear their little baby girl cry. It tugs at you. It stresses you out.

Party of me welcomed this time away from work as a nice little sabatical. Maybe in the hours she was down, I'd be able to work on my writing. That really hasn't happened too much. I think part of it is just switching gears from little baby to big story. I think part of it is just the lack of stimulation from being at home. I'm watching some television, but there's not a whole lot of talking and listening or interacting with adults. Maybe that's holding me back a bit. I haven't quite figured it out, but I'll see if I can get more into it before this part of my life slips away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home