Thursday, February 01, 2007

One on one.

Today is the first day of my one month paternity leave/sabatical. I've taken care of her before, but this will really be my first solo without a much more competent mommy person to look after the baby. The little girl will probably never remember that I took a month off from work just to spend it with her and take care of her, but I will and maybe that's the important thing. Yesterday, somebody told me what I was doing was commendable. True, there is some fear of the work that's already accumulating on my desk and the many diapers that lie in my near future, but commendable seemed like a strange way to look at taking time away from the office. Maybe that says something about how we work too hard. The baby and I are just feeling each other out today. I think tomorrow, I'll start figuring out if I can really accomplish any writing or anything else in these days off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home