Friday, September 23, 2011

Palestine State

Just a quick follow up on the 10k. My time was surprisingly good enough for 7th in the 40 and over category. And now that I have a time, I have something to try and beat. I will have to try this again someday.

I know the Obama administration is all annoyed that Palestinians are asking to be recognized as Palestine. It means the US has to pull out the heavy gun, its Security Counsel veto, and appear intransigent in its support of Isreal. After that most of the world is going to vote to let Palestine in with some kind of observer status.

I actually like the move. First of all, the UN hasn't done anything difficult in a while. What's the point if they can't do anything to address global concerns. Two, the Isreal/Palestine issue really hasn't moved much in my lifetime. Maybe. Just maybe, this is the action that finally gets everyone to work it out.

Essentially, the end result needs to be the recognition of Isreal AND Palestine's right to exist. Anything short of that is just kicking this old tired can down the road some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home