Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Long overdue writing update

Slowly but surely, I continue to work on the novel. I haven't let myself get distracted by any short story ideas or anything else in a while. Hence no new stories or publications.

I guess I thought that after Chapter 1 was finished, Chapter 2 would be somewhat easier. There would be a roadmap in place, and now all I had to do was follow it. But the truth is that Chapter 2 has almost any possiblities for wrong turns as Chapter 1. I've started Chapter 2 half a dozen times in half a dozen ways. It doesn't get easier and I still haven't figured out how to find time for writing.

Here's the weird contradictory thing. Chapter 2 still has some gaping holes, but I've finished a draft of Chapter 3. Last year I got some software called Scrivner's. And I like it because it allows me to think less linear. I can sort of work on my chapters out of order because at times, that's how my mind works.

All told, I must be at least 50 pages in, but it's still all crap. But there's nothing to do, but keep trying to work at it.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not bad, dude. better than writing in the head like i am doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home