Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Life at 40

The other day Wifey noticed an early birthday present. She spotted the first four of five strands of white hair making an appearance on the top of my head. White hair? Can I blame this on the kids too?

Actually, turning 40 doesn't feel that traumatic. 30 felt like a milestone. I was no longer young. But 40 doesn't feel like I'm old yet. I'm just somewhere not old yet. And if this is what the middle of my life is going to be, I'm not going to complain.

Life is more complicated than I ever thought. There are an endless number of things to worry about. If I were a scale, I'd have about 50 different places to set weights each at a varying distance. Imagine trying to keep all that balanced. I never imagined life could be this difficult. But not that it isn't worth it. Just like work. I'm just here to try to figure out the best way to keep things moving.

So far, birthday week hasn't been bad. Wifey and I went to our first movie in a year or so. We saw Green Lantern which had some neat effects in 3D, but otherwise wasn't really worth it. We also caught a little of Neko Case at Stern Grove. And this afternoon, I'll be taking J to Santa Cruz to play.

This 40 thing really isn't so scary.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated! the numbers are overrated. take it one day at a time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home