Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day Report

Father's Day really started with the usual week day scramble to get out of the house. I dropped off Serena and sat it on the first few minutes of her therapy session. Then Wifey called. Jordan was the only kid without her dad at the father's day event and was about to lose it. Fortunately, it wasn't too far away. When I got there, Jordan handed me a hat that she had made for me. It was a blue cap with stars glued on and a very serious looking picture of her. So I had to stick that on my head and wear it for the rest of the day. Then she served me a cup of lemonade and danced around singing, "Daddy, Daddy Daddy...." Then all the dads sat and worked with their three and four year olds to put on a tie. Jordan had no interest and I did most of the work. That was followed by a couple games. One involved popping balloons, which was pretty comical because some of the smaller kids were barely bigger than their balloons and couldn't pop them no matter what they tried. We also had a three legged race. Surprisingly, we didn't finish last. We beat the father of twins who had a kid strapped to each leg AND the youngest kid in the class. Wohoo!

We spent the next day up in Walnut creek. My cousin and his family were in from Seattle, so my grandma was able to see all four of her grandkids and 6 of her 7 grandkids for most of the day. It was pretty nice. Little J doesn't get a lot of time to play with kids just a little older than her, so it was great to see how mature and nurturing her 9 and 7 year old cousins were.

Sunday was mostly a quiet day, but we did go out for dinner at night with more family on Wifey's side. So all in all it was a good weekend. I got an outdoor lounging chair with a built in bottle opener. No complaints about that.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I treasure those years. Man, they pass quick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home