Thursday, July 28, 2011

Breakfast lesson

This morning Little J and I were sitting at the breakfast table. I had just served her a waffle.

"Do you want half?" she said.

My initial reaction was shock. Here was my kid, voluntarily sharing something, and food at that. She usually eats everything in front of her and then asks for more. I had never heard her say anything like it.

"Sure," I said.

She takes her waffle and breaks it in two pieces. One consisting of two small waffle squares and the other being the rest of the waffle. She hands me the not quite bite size piece.

I have one of those parental moments. I am proud of her for wanting to share, but I am realizing we still need to work on proportions and fractions. I explain the next ten seconds trying to explain that halfs are equal in size, but she doesn't seem to be hearing me as she shovels waffle into her mouth. My last, most cynical thought of the exchange, is that maybe my kid is destined to be CEO in corporate America.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, at least she didn't steal it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home