Monday, November 10, 2008

Character Reference for Wifey

So last night before bed, we had some old episodes of the Gilmore Girls on TV. Luke had to go to Lorelai to request a written character reference letter to resolve a custody dispute. At this point in the story, Wifey turns to me and says, "You've never written me a character reference." I'm thinking of course I haven't. Why in the world would I have reason to? And she says, "I wonder what you would write, if you had to." Hence, here we go.

Put simply, I'd be lost without you. I am still a little boy, who gets by being half as responsible as any other adult, because I have someone twice as responsible as anyone by my side. You're my secret power ring. With you, I'm stronger, smarter better in every way. Because with you I am never alone anymore. I've got your strength, your trust with me always. Without you, I don't even know my name anymore.

Character-wise, I'm not sure what to say. You put up with me. That's all everyone needs to know about your patience, and your ability to love. And we've been together for a couple years, so you have stick-to-it-ness. You're crazier than I thought when we got married, but you could probably fairly say the same thing about me.

Bless you baby, and happy birthday.

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Lilstar said...

awwww.... i'm gonna cry. so sweet. please wish sandra a happy birthday for me.

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheers to your wifey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home