Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkin thoughts

Ba Humbug. I don't know if I've ever been to a Halloween party that was worth it. Another excuse for mayhem, except this time with masks and costumes. I seemed to have missed the crazy days in Madison, it mostly having dissipated prior to my college years. I've also been to the Castro Street in San Francisco one year. I guess it was cool to walk around and see what kind of costumes people dared to wear, but that was about it. It was just about seeing and being seen. It got really crowded, really really crowded and that seemed to put a damper on things.

This year the city is encouraging people to stay home for Halloween. They're closing the bars on Castro and trying to tell everyone there is no party. A fair result considering about 9 people got shot last year.

No one in the office dressed up this year. I'm okay with that. At least I don't look like the only bum without holiday spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home