Monday, October 15, 2007

Bawstun in October

Boston is a great city and would be very livable if not infested with Red Sox fans and their ilk. I felt like asking every cab to turn the radio station when I got in, but I guess the more important thing was them getting me to my destination safely. Maybe the playoffs are still a novelty act for them seeing as their usually all at home and done with their season by this time of year.

I spent the last couple days there seeing the sights with Wifey and Baby. Due to the unsteady weather and other calls of nature we ended up seeing the Freedom Trail in 3 different segments over three different days. I won't tell you all the places where we had to do diaper changes, but one of my big complaints would have to be the lack of changing tables in Bawstun and Hahvahd. The self guiding freedom trail is always nice. I especially like the Charleston side with the Bunker Hill Memorial on Breed's Hill and Old Ironside. Boston also had good eats, and we managed to hit a few places on my wife's list. Legal Seafood is worth it. And Pizza Regina (or was it Regina's Pizza)near North End and the Garden was good.

So the real purpose of going to Boston now was to attend a wedding. The guy getting married was a childhood friend which meant there had been a time when I saw him all the time and I knew what he and his brothers were up to. Those days have long faded away, but it was still great to be able to share this special moment with him and his family. Weddings are about looking forward, but it was also time to catch up on what everyone's been doing the last few years. It's especially nice when everyone seems happy with what they're doing even as we all get old. It was a great little wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home