Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Losing Vocabulary

Words come and go just like everything else. "Groovy" thankfully lost favor before I could speak and "keen" seems like a bad blip from the 80's.

As with anyone, I have my own word preferences. I'm sure there are words and phrases I use way too much and there are others that I should be using more, and some that I never want to use. But even though I know these groups of words are out there, I don't have nor could I ever really develop a comprehensive list. I do know "malfunction" bothers me after Justin and Janet's application of that to boob flashing. And this weekend I add one word to the list.

The other night, a friend told a very entertaining story where over and over again, he was described as "adorable". It's really his story and not mine so I won't go into it here. It was a good story, but I don't know if I can ever use the word in a non-sarcastic fashion ever again. It was probably unintentional, but he's pretty much ruined that word for me.

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

deplorable.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Dinesh Ramde said...

If your friend used the word that many times, he really must have been adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home