Wednesday, September 19, 2007

No more OJ

This morning I flipped on the TV and saw a former American Idol trying to be all cool in his latest video on VH1. I'm not sure why, but the show is a lot more interesting than any of the musical careers that come out of it. I couldn't change the channel quick enough.

I thought I'd check out the news and flipped to those news channels that sit around 56-60. Each and everyone of these channels was showing the Las Vegas courtroom where O.J. was to be arraigned. An arraignment? Does the media understand how unimportant that is? Oh Oh. I'm worried that the media isn't tired of feeding us this fodder yet. Here we go again.

I was out of the country when OJ went from being former football star and car rental pitchman to social pariah and the one that got away. Unlike countless millions, I was not watching Game 2 of the NBA finals were pre-empted by that white Ford Bronco. I was not sitting on the 405 when traffic went to a standstill. And I can honestly, say I didn't pay much attention through the trial either.

I didn't care then and I don't care now. I don't get why anybody thinks anything this guy does is worthy of being in the news.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oj attracts eyeballs of the general public but politics don't - a sad truth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home