Thursday, August 30, 2007

That guy from Idaho

I've never actually heard of Senator Larry Craig before this week. He's not having the best time of it. I think he's missing the point, or at least the point I would care about. I don't care if he's gay or not. But I'm not from Idaho and he might know his constituency better than I do.

Maybe they do care. And maybe they'll believe his "I'm not gay" assertions and ignore the arresting cop AND the guy who claims to have had a sexual encounter with him in a D.C. train station. I would think this would be obvious, but if you're going to make the statement that you've never been gay you better know that no people are out there willing and able to credibly contradict you.

This would be a bad time for any Senator, but the hypocrisy stinks especially big on the elephant side of the aisle. A lot of them want him out. If it was just the arrest itself, I would think some kind of censure would be enough, but the more he's talking and proven to be a liar, the more he's burying himself. I don't think he'll last much longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home