Friday, June 25, 2010

Lifestyle Change

I just joined a gym. I've never been part of a gym. It's not that I never exercise, but I think the real reason is I've just been too cheap. Why go work out in a gym when I can play ball outside or buy a small set up weights at home or a Wii Fit that I don't use enough. I also work at a place with access to any gym activities that you can imagine, but because it's at work, I just don't find myself hanging out there a lot. I could never make that part of my routine.

And I guess I've always felt there's something a little cow-like. Being one of the herd in going to a gym, waiting in line for a cardio machine and then leaving. I'm a free-range exercise sort of guy.

But there's a new, very nice gym in the neighborhood. I've gone twice this week, and it's not crowded. It's actually nice. So for the time being, I'm going to try and be dedicated about going. Maybe the money factor will be enought to keep me motivated for a while. Maybe, I'll just find that it's not so hard and it's good to work out. I hope so.

And I'm dropping cable tv in exchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home