Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What's Next?

So this Sunday, Wifey had a class and I had kids to myself most of the day. Fortunately, there were Sharks hockey games and Yankee baseball games and Magic basektball games to keep them distracted while they were lying around the house. The older one is calling baseball "football" and hockey "skiing" and finds it hilarious. I have no idea why.

The second half of the day was a scramble to get the first chapter of my novel done for class. It took a couple hours, but it's done. It's not perfect, but it's good enough that I feel comfortable moving on to Chapter 2.

I guess part of me thought it might get easier at this point. I've figured out the big hazy outline of what I want to write about. I've started the development of a whole bunch of characters with great potential. And I sort of know where I want to go. But for the moment, I don't know my next step. Where do I start chapter 2? What's my entry point? What is actually going to happen in chapter 2 to make it interesting? What needs to happen so that I eventually get to Chapter 3. So really, it hasn't gotten that much easier.

I guess I've got a little time. The next few weeks I have to focus on what reading and commenting on what everyone else is writing for this class.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

would love to read it when it's done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home