Friday, April 16, 2010

Spanking

One thing I forgot to mention about this weekend. At dinner before the volleygame last Friday, my friend asked if I ever spanked my kid. I said no, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it if a situation justified. I know corporal punnishment has fallen out of favor and studies say it leads to more violent people. But I still think there are times that it's justified. Just as a fight can be justified. Sometimes you just have to stand up for something.

Anyway, my kid decided it would be fun to hang from the curtains in her room. She yanked out the curtain rod, and the anchors in the wall and the screws holding the curtains up. The drywall had huge gaping holes. I was upset. I gave the kid a stern lecture about how hanging on curtains were destructive and dangerous and that she should never do it again. I made her promise not to do it again.

The next day she did it again. And that's when I resorted to 3 solid whacks across the behind. And this time, mommy had to talk to her, because I couldn't trust myself to say the right things. She apologized and promised not to to it again. I haven't put her curtains back up yet, because I don't know if I can trust her.

Some people will read this and probably think I'm a bad person, but I did what I thought was right, and I'll stand by it.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Lilstar said...

i got spanked, and turned out just fine. i actually behaved better because of the threat of a spanking, more than the spanking itself. sometimes society is too overboard on these things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home