Sunday, February 21, 2010

Something I read today.

"The arrangement is, in fact, unfair. Sexuality and justice have little if anything in common. Love and friendship and conscience and kindness and obstinacy find ways to make the unfair arrangement work, though not without anxiety, not without anguish, and not always."

It's from an Ursula Le Guin short story called Paradises Lost. She's written a million things over the last few decades, but I've never read her before. She's better than I expected. I've got a little bit of geek, but I've never been a huge science fiction reader. But she can write, and I thought this was interesting.

Maybe my problem with science fiction even with the stories, it sometimes seems a little too Utopian or out of touch with our world to not work as social commentary. It doesn't follow enough rules. Just a thought. Not something I would ever try to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home