Monday, July 30, 2007

Old Home Weekend.

My parents came up this weekend because one of their old friends was having a milestone birthday. We were invited along for the celebration. These are family friends that have been semi-attached to us forever. They lived in Michigan when we lived in Michigan. They lived in New York when we lived in New York. They lived in southern California when my parents moved out to California. It's been like a long game of tag. I guess the funny thing is that even though we are all roughly the same age, my brother and I aren't close at all with their three daughters and we never really have been. We had a nice cordial dinner with people I really haven't spoken to in about ten years. Maybe this is the awkward way of family friends.

Maybe everyone eventually ends up in the Bay Area. The next day I saw four other people that I used to know as a kid back in New York. One or two of which I see on a semi-regular basis and one or two I haven't seen in forever. It was very interesting to see one kid in particular. I say kid, because he is several years younger than me and last time I saw him he was around 12. Now he's an adult with a real job and a girlfriend and very chatty. Neat, but I'm not sure exactly what to make of it. But I guess I always knew he'd turn out okay. He was a kid who had a lot of heart in doing whatever he did.

Wifey and Baby got dragged along to all of this memory lane stuff. I wonder if Wifey feels like she learned anything new about me this weekend.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Lilstar said...

if she did, tell her she needs to spill the beans :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home