Thursday, July 26, 2007

Changing the World.

Yesterday I spent the day in a class about strategic descision making. What I've learned is that I'm more tactical than strategic. I focus on problems at hand, rather than more global longer horizon issues. Or at least that's how my position is designed, because that's what I end up doing everyday. I know they'll say it's important and all that, but in some ways it seems like a luxury to be able to think like that. We did a bunch of exercises meant to get us to think more big picture.

In a corner of my mind, I was thinking about America's problems in Iraq. Junior is not a strategic thinker. He's all political tactics. I won't go into the millions of examples here, it is simple political truth at this point.

Here's my one minute walk away from the training in mathematical business speak for you. How do things change?

(Dissastisfaction x Values x Support)> Risk = Change.

However you want to quantify these three elements, they need to mulitply out to something greater than the risk for a change to occur. It seems to make sense, but I haven't really tested it out yet.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that explains why changes are hard to come by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home