Friday, June 15, 2007

Post Finals Plan

I promised myself that after NBA finals (Congrats to TD and the Spurs) I would take a break from television. Other than a Netflix movie once or twice a week and cathing up on old Sopranos during the dinner hour I'm not going to watch any TV. I'm telling myself I'll do this for at least a month, but if it grows comfortable, maybe I'll keep it up longer and add a couple years back to my life.

The extra hours not taken up by the vampire baby will mostly be sucked up by reading and writing.

I have no formula for writing. Sometimes, I have little stories trying to crawl out of my mind. Other times, there are big meaty things that need to stew for a while and then be dragged out. Starting on a novel has sort of been like that. Way slow.

So I have a few short piece published. At times I think I should be trying harder to get things published. I've got some stories and I should have a systematic approach to sending stories out and collecting rejection letters.

But I don't. Sometime I send out a story once or twice and if I don't get a bite, that's it. Sometimes, I don't even get that far and I forget that I've written something as I move on to the next piece. Usually, I don't think about sending out anything for months at a time, but just this week, I sent out two. But it's hard to worry about the market. At the end, I usually think if I just keep writing, somehow the rest of that stuff should take care of itself. Probably a bit naive.

Anyway, I thought I'd just post the sites for some short fiction that I check out pretty regularly. There are probably half a dozen others that I sample once in a while, but these are the usuals. If anyone's got some others I should check out, let me know.

http://www.pindeldyboz.com/
http://www.flashquake.org/
http://www.juked.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home