Friday, June 08, 2007

What happened to justice?

I think at some point I promised myself that celebutard (how can you not love that word) Paris Hilton would never be a subject of my blog, but recent events have my wheels spinning on the meaning of what she is going through. Two probation violations. In essence three strikes, three opportunities to live by the same laws we all do. Three failures, seemingly at least in part to her hubris as a public figure. I have no idea what motivated the LA Sherrif in this case, but I can understand the judge and the prosecutor's outrage. And I really don't get the fans sitting outside the court house supporting, Paris? Are they getting paid? Justice eroding before our eyes.

Scooter was also in court this week being sentenced. He came armed with about 150 letters written by public officials, people he's worked with, and maybe fans of his novel about what a great guy he is. People have been saying things like "tragic events that befell him" and "dedicated public servant". Isn't that the whole point that he wasn't a dedicated public servant? When you get right to it, he sold out a CIA agent and then lied about it to save his own skin? What's so noble about that? Again, it's unlikely justice will get carried out. If a demosquid wins the office, Junior will pardon him after the election. If a republiskunk wins the election, he'll make the next guy do it for me.

There just doesn't seem to be enough outrage at all this stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home