Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Little baby on Mommy Day.

Six month old Little J and I entered negotiations about a week ago to prepare for Mother's Day. I explained that mommies are meant to be honored for all the special things they do for us. Some of us would be virtually helpless and very stinky without them. And her mother (Wifey) had been especially kind ever since J had been around. I hinted that she should try and think of something special to do. But really, she seemed to think Mother's Day would just be another day where someone else would feed her and change her diaper. Finally, after a couple days of firm encouragement on my part, we agreed that I would front J the money for a small present, but it would have to be returned when she has an allowance some day. Little J ended up getting her mom a CD and suggesting a champagne brunch that turned out pretty well.

Still, I'm not sure if J fully got the concept of Mother's Day. My parents drove up from LA for the weekend, and Wifey's parents and Grandma were around so on Sunday evening we had four mothers in the room at my sister-in-law's place, including a couple generations of loving women that preceded J. But the entire evening, she was the one that everyone wanted to hold in his/her lap and play with. She was the center of attention the entire time. I think she's got the wrong idea about this holiday right now. We'll have to work on that in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home