Friday, May 04, 2007

Spider Sell-Out Man

Don't get me wrong. I'm a life long fan of the web crawler. The cool quip, normal guy's super hero. Much more appealing than the propoganda icon, Captain America or the omnipotent alien, Superman. His comics are usually good, and at times great. His movies are fun even if no- talent Kirsten Dunst has been horribly miscast as the Maryjane Watson. I can't help but go see the new movie coming out.

But Spidey needs a little talk with his marketing agent and the concept of oversaturation of the market place. I think I can buy everything from Spiderman Cereal to Spiderman toilet brushes at Safeway right now. His displays cover everything in the store. It makes one long for one of Green Goblin's pumpkin bombs. Okay, I get that Marvel needs a reasonable return on their hero, but the shilling has got out of control.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Arthur Fonzarelli said...

I thought the same thing when I was shopping at my local grocery store on Wednesday night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home