Monday, December 18, 2006

New Flavor of Christmas Parties

Officially, I've started my holiday break already. I dropped by the office to finish one or two quick things, but I'm telling everyone I'm invisible today.

We celebrated Christmas with Wifey's family the other day and exchanged presents. Then we drove off to Antioch for a Christmas party that has become a nice little tradition. We saw lots of friends and had a good time. I have now become one of those annoying parents who only listen to conversations with half an ear because I'm also always listening for little Jordan. And I'm holding the baby as a shield to limit my social interactions with people. The flavor of this Christmas party has changed somewhat in the last few years. This year, nearly half the participants were little children. The toddlers were off in their own room while we hung out in the nursery with the other new borns. Four in total. It was a good time, but being new parents it was over for us by about 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home