Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sake, sake, sake.

This past Saturday I continued the slow poisoning of my liver. A small sushi restaurant in San Mateo held a sake tasting. They served appetizers and 7 varieties of Sake. The owners were Japanese speakers and could not elaborate on the different sakes in much detail. Their flier said something like, "this sake like hear music beat." But I've always liked sake. It can have a rich flavor without the harshness of a lot of drinks. I remember drinking sake and having salty boiled prawns as one of the most enjoyable meals I've ever had.

I've been told that it's nearly impossible to get a hangover off of good sake. Some day I might have to test that theory.

BTW, I lost at Texas hold'em poker that night, but I'm sure it had nothing to do with the drinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home