Monday, April 03, 2006

My first lacrosse game.

My coworker just asked if I wanted to go to a bar with her and all her friends to watch tonight's basketball game. But the only thing worse than UCLA winning tonight's championship would be UCLA winning it while I was surrounded by drunken UCLA fans. Besides, those frickin Bruins have already cost me a bucket of tandori chicken.

This weekend my coworkers did manage an informal get together outside of work. We went to watch the San Jose Stealth lose to the Buffalo Bandits in a National Lacross League game. Lacross is an interesting sport. They get all padded up and they're not shy about whacking each other with their sticks, but for some reason, all the guys shave their legs.

Someone asked me what I thought about the game. I liked the action, the pace of the game, even the senseless violence was appealing, but I don't think I'd want to play something where shaving the legs was some sort of requirement. It just seems sort of funny.

Anyway, everybody brought their significant others and their rugrats where applicable. Most of the kids were too young to get into the game, but everyone said they had fun. I was entertained. I would go again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home