Monday, August 08, 2005

Sudoku

So when we were in LA a couple weeks ago, Sandra and I played a couple math/logic puzzles called Sudoku puzzles. And having a rare unscheduled Saturday night, we attempted a couple more of these puzzles this weekend. I know most people probably think one of the last things they would ever want to do on a Saturday night is math, but it was some quality time spent together and a use of more brain cells than a movie would have been. Before we knew it the whole night was gone. These puzzles are really fun. I highly recommend some if you have some time to play with.

It's much too frequent that we get to do something like this. Most of the time we're scrambling around doing this or that. Little logic puzzles seem like the last thing anyone should have time for. It's the equivalent of doing the jumbo or the crossword in a paper.

Is it a waste of time? I don't think so. Even outside of work and providing for my little family, there are causes I should be more active in. Things I should be doing to make a difference in this world. There are ways I should be raising my voice and demanding changes. But we can't be champions all the time. Sometimes we're meant to just sit around and do simple things that give us simple pleasures. Otherwise all the battles that we fight in lfe don't mean anything. We're just one couple trying our best to balance it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home