Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Trip Synapses. I'll get to something better later.

I thought that a couple days off would mean that I would get a chance to write a couple things in my blog. It didn't happen because my parents have faulty DSL and I was stuck without any networld access. That probably made the whole vacation thing more relaxing. On the other hand, my fantasy baseball team seems to have done just fine without me.

Lots of things that I wanto to mention, but I think I'll just limit this to a brief recap of my trip. Just in case there comes a day that I'll actually want to re-read any of my entries and see where I was back then. Or maybe my cat will learn to read someday.

Stream of Trip:

Went to Gilroy. Got some new shoes. Drove down Big Sur along the One Highway. Very pretty drive. Said Hi to my friend, Ocean. Went to Hearst Castle. Got to see how the old king of yellow journalism lived. Fascinating place, but I hope I would do something smarter if I had money like that. The Taj was a monument to love. This castle was a party pad gone mad. Dinner in Cambria because we were hungry. Spent the night at the Madonna Inn. Gypsy Rock room. Colored panels on the ceiling, natural rock walls. Bathroom made entirely of rock. Like showering in a cave.

Next day drove to Solvang, ate ablescabbers and dutch chocolates. saw the hitching post and other sights from the movie sideways. after some shopping drove down to home in Anaheim. Cruised until we hit LA country then took 3 hours to drive last sixty miles. brutal.

Dropped Dad off at airport. he's in Taiwan for six weeks to attend my cousin's wedding and hang. have assigned him to try and interview people and play with my camcorder.

Picked up Harry Potter. Go Hufflepuff. Went to Kev & Cyn Part II. Mrs. Jeu went to a lot of effort planning a very large party at a Chinese restaurant. Pretty fun. Don't tell Kevin, but his crazy uncles are funnier than he is.

Sunday relaxed and played math games with Sandra. AND I actually won! Also entertained ourselves with a couple open houses.

Left LA at 6 am to maximize shopping experience back at Giroy. Purchased some books. Had a ramen dinner. finally got home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home