Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Boss Nass & a celestial I know.

As one of the three required pieces of flair on my desk, (See Office Space if you don't get it) I have a Star Wars Action Figure sitting by my monitor. It's Boss Nass-Jar Jar's ruler. The little green guy is here because I really have no place else for a Star Wars action figure and my wife got it for me after she lost a bet. It is a reminder of one of my few victories agaist her. I can't remember exactly what the bet was, but I think she thought Cal was going to win a basketball game.

Anyhow my flair got me in an interesting little conversation yesterday afternoon. My coworker used to date someone at Lucas films. The guy had to write some article and ended up using her uniquely Hungarian name as the name of the planet and her last name as the capitol city on that planet. Now in every Star Wars compendium or map, she is forever immortalized as a icy cold planet (I didn't ask, but I wonder if she dumped him). She says its a minor planet, not in any of the movies, but mentioned in some of the books. For the geeks, a whole history exists with ruling families and naming conventions and stuff. How cool is that?

Anyway cool coworker mentioned that the new movie is coming out. I guess I have to see it, but after the last one I'm not really expecting too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home