Saturday, October 02, 2010

Password

How many passwords do you have? I'm guessing I have at least 20 for various things. It may be a little higher or lower than that.

My wife is sitting in this room right now trying to remember one of our less frequently used accounts and getting frustrated. Every site seems to require a password and they have al kinds of different rules. Some required at least one capital letter. Some require at least one number. Some can't be longer than 8 characters. Others need to be at least 15. Not that all these rules allow you to, but I'm sure we're not supposed to use the same ones over and over again. The experts also say you shouldn't write these things down, in case someone finds your sheet and takes over your entire life, but I'm not sure how else to remember all these things.

I understand it's for our own protection and as identity thefts have gotten pretty savy which has led to all this escalation of protection. I guess it's just a necessary hassle of the modern world now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home