Monday, April 27, 2009

Trip Summary

Wednesday: I highly recommend the cute little leashes that you strap on your two year old. Without it, I would still be circling around at SFO, trying to get Little J to follow. I know it comes off as somewhat demeaning, and my mom must have referred to it as a dog leash a dozen times, but it works. Of course, even though mine was a domestic flight, it was at the furthest reach of the international gate, which must have been a quarter mile walk. Little J was her usually ansty self at the airport. But I managed to distract her for an hour. And for some reason, she really likes plane flights. Since we've been back, she's ask to go flying at least 5 or 6 times. Saw the rents. Went out to a dinner of spicy been noodle soup with my cousin, Oliver. Haven't seen this guy from Taiwan in a couple years, but probably will see him more now that he's studying in LA. J behaved well pretty much all day until bathtime. That's when she finally realized we were staying and we wouldn't be going home that night.

Thursday. Full day at Legoland. A good day to go. Sun came up, but it wasn't hot. Rode the rides. Her favorite is the giant swining boat. Kid had fun. Rents took lots of pics. I'm sure she'll want to go back again.

Friday. In the morning went shopping with my mom. She is like any grandmother and spoils her grandkid at any opportunity. In the afternoon, picked up my friend at the airport. He was in town for a big writing thing. He was nominated for an award, but he didn't win. We spent a couple hours in Santa Monica at the Promenade and at the pier. We spent more time sitting in traffic before settling in Westwood for sushi.

Saturday we had dim sum before the flight back. We ran into some of my parents friends at the restaurant, which was cool. Again, the little one loves flying. As the plane landed in SFO, she demanded "More flying!" More flying!" Overall a good trip. But yeah, I need another vacation to recover from going on a trip.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lure the rents up to hold the leash and you will have your trip away from trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home