Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Resetting the clock.

We had a power outage the other day and I had to re-set the clock. Pre-babies, we rarely set the alarm. We just went to sleep when we felt like and got up when we wanted and that seemed to work fine. Rarely did we oversleep. Now, we have two wailing alarm clocks that can wake us up in the morning. But, setting an alarm is more important than ever. Because when we've dealt with one of the screaming monsters, the first inclination is to crawl under the covers and sleep again. Only, being very tired, we are very inclined to oversleep. Last Saturday, after a long night, I slept until 9 while Wifey watched the kids. It's been a long long time since I've gotten up at such a late hour.

So what I was thinking while I set the clock was that there is this certain group of people out there who purposely set their clocks a little fast. And somehow, this little self-deception somehow makes them more comfortable or more on time or gives the illusion of more sleep. I don't see how this works. I can't fool myself. And I wonder of people who do this, if you can't be truthful to yourself about what time it is, what are self-deceptions do you have? Would you be better off being more honest with yourself? I can't answer this for anyone, but myself, but it was just a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home