Thursday, May 11, 2006

Last Week

So this past weekend was my brother's wedding. It was a grand affair. It was great to see his love fulfilled and his new life starting. It was great to see people from throughout their lives gather for the special event. There were many people I had not seen in years. As Chairman Rob noted, we were a little community. Best Man duties definitely kept me running around. I wonder if my wedding was that crazy behind the scenes, and people just did a great job of keeping it from me.

Anyway, the wedding really turned out to be a week long event. My grandmother was in town, as were her two daughers and all four of her grandchildren and their attached families. And most people got to town Thursday before the reherasal dinner and left Wednesday after. It was good to see everyone, especially since, I rarely make it up to Seattle and I hadn't met my cousin's two year old little angel, Sophie yet. So it turns out, just about every day, I ended up as a shuttle service, moving relatives to and from Berkeley, San Francisco, San Jose, Walnut Creek and wherever else anyone wanted to go. And each night we feasted, meaning I probably added five pounds this weekend.

I hear Indian weddings are pretty long affairs. I wonder if by day three people decide they just want to sleep in because they can't take anymore. Probably not, but I could see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home