Thursday, March 23, 2006

It stays in Vegas except for this.

I went go-karting for the first time this weekend. Essentially this means I strapped myself into a wheeled metal frame with a loud lawnmover engine that could do about 40 mph. It might not sound like a lot of speed, but when you're that close to the ground, and the engine is that loud, it's plenty of speed to hurt or kill you. Anyway, for a forty dollar pop we were given two opportunities to race around an indoor track as fast as we could.

I have a new found respect for NASCAR drivers after that experience. Before it didn't seem like a sporting event to watch guys zoom around in a circle over and over again. The engine does most of the real work. But, I found it very difficult to pass people. There's a skill in doing so without causing a wreck. And the adrenalin was rushing so that at a point I had to remind myself to breathe. So there is a little bit of an athletic element to it. Overall, it was just a great experience to race around with the guys. Ultimately, it seems like I wasn't one of the best drivers or one of the worse. I guess that's what I should have expected.

Well, that's it for this weekend. For anyone who wants more lurid details on the bachelor party activities in Vegas, you'll actually have to have been there or talk to someone who'll share the details with you. There are a couple stories that will never be forgotten.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Dinesh Ramde said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home