Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Why skiing?

Because there are mountains people need to climb them. And if they go up, they must come down. I spent the last few days up in the Lake Tahoe area with fiberglass bars strapped to my boots, hurtling myself down mountains in a semi-controlled, very unstylish fall. It's beautiful up there. The mountains are covered in white snow and the clear blue lake sits as the backdrop. There is nothing like the sound of skis swishing through the snow.

I wish Tahoe were a little closer. I wish skiing were a little cheaper. It takes a lot of time, effort, and planning to get up there. There's always traffic and there's always weather. But when you share the trip with good friends, when you stand at the top of the mountain and look on at the wide expanse before you. When your mind and body work as one to keep you alive as you fly down the mountain. That's what it's all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home