Monday, January 02, 2006

New Thoughts for 2006

I guess all good things must come to an end. It's been a great two weeks off. I haven't gone anywhere or done anything real exciting, but the change to sit at home and relax has been absolutely wonderful. I feel recharged. I'm okay with going back to work tomorrow, but just a little sad to see this small period of my life end.

The only exciting thing over the last couple of days was a small New Year's gathering. We had a couple friends over and ate and drank and talked and spoke of the twenty something glory days when we had stood out in Times Square, or at the Embarcadero and spent too much money to chase a good time. This was much more relaxed and fun. At least on my part, I'm looking forward to 2006. I see no reason it won't be even better than the last year.

The second day of the New Year has started well. Congratulations to the Badgers who just smoked the Tigers and congratulations to Barry for a fine career as head football coach.

I really don't have any new resolutions. I just hope to continue walking gently upon this Earth and making a difference for the better whenever I can. Maybe I'll grow in my thoughts and blogging. Unlikely, but we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home