Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The wedding production.

I am now thinking weddings are a lot like theater productions. In the background there's a lot of chaos. People are scrambling all over the place, making themselves pretty, working on their lines, and looking for all their props. There's a bunch of frantic energy and you just hope everyone remembers how to breathe and that neither the best man nor the groom loses their way.

But at the end of the day, the show goes off without a hitch. The audience has a wonderful time. Act I is a short, sweet ceremony where we witness something life changing and Act II is a happy celebration of Act I. At the end there is loud applause, many congratulations and demands for pictures with the leading stars. The whole show is more work than I thought it could be, but it is all very enjoyable. Watching my sister-in law and my friend tie themselves together was very cool. It was an honor to be a part of their cast and meet others that have played roles in their lives.

I especially enjoyed hanging with the other groomsmen. Through the bachelor party and the wedding, I really did get to know the groom's friends a little better and he couldn't ask for better guys to stand with him. We're getting ready for Act III now. This is the one where we go to war with the awful formal wear chain mentioned in my previous blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home