Thursday, June 23, 2005

Catching up a little.

I've been meaning to blog all week (that really is a verb now, isn't it?), but just haven't had the time. Yes, I watched the Spurs win in Game 7 tonight (Congrats to Tim & co.), but that's not what kept me silent. It wasn't my pending masterwork. (I'm on page 10 of my rough rough novel draft if anyone is counting.) It's pretty much been work, pure and simple. My boss is out of town for the week, and instead of being able to steal a moment to contribute to this irregular diary, I find myself buried in extra emails and phonecalls. I had an unexpected report to throw together for one of our customers in a couple hours. It was not fun. But I know most everyone still works harder than I do so I shouldn't complain.

This past weekend I spent a good portion of time with never before met Aussie (pronounced Ozzie) relatives. We exchanged geographic vernacular such as "mall"="shopping center", "gas"="petrol", "trunk"="boot". My primary Aussie teacher was 16 and made me feel like I was 45. Can you believe they don't have Outback steakhouses down there? One of these days I'll have to venture out there anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home