Saturday, July 04, 2009

What I did on my day off.

So Wifey's parents agreed to babysit yesterday. We left at 2 in the afternoon and didn't get home until 11 at night. This was the longest time for us away from the kids together since we've had two. In other words it was a much needed break. I guess we really couldn't tell until we were away from it for a while, but our home life really has been about being waiter/butler/servant to our kids. Whatever they need, they get. I didn't really how much I was doing until I got away from it for a few hours.

So what we did was drive up to San Francisco. We found a parking spot within view of AT & T park. We hung out for a bit, went to a cafe, and then went to the game. We were there pretty early, so we walked most of the park. In a lot of ways its a great place to walk around. We got club level seats so we had an indoor walkway to walk around and get food. And even though it was only over priced stadium food, it was good just to eat without the kids.

The game itself was nothing special. The Giants started a rookie in his second game, and he still hasn't given up a run at the major league level. He coasted and the final score was 13-0. So it was never in doubt. But after Wifey made me leave a baseball game where a team was down 5-0 in the ninth and came back to win it, we don't leave games early anymore. We sort of left, just as the fireworks were going off. It was nice.

Anyway, I am very thankful to my in-laws for watching the kids. I know it's not an easy task, and from what I hear, there were some poo adventures that no one really needs described to them. Just know that it was bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home