Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day.

In the back of my mind, I was thinking, all right father's day. This should be some sort of break for a young and often tired daddy. But I guess I forgot that my kids are really too young to get the concept. The older one is old enough to mimic the words, "Happy Father's Day", but never having used the word, "Father" before, she really had no idea what she was saying.

So really, for most of the day, father's day was just like any other day, and instead of celebrating the father's day concept, I just got to do the fatherly things I do every day and mull over the fact it really was just like any other day. And I hoped that some day the little tykes would actually appreciate all the things I did for them. Feeding, burping, playing. Whatever. It never stops. And Wifey did get me some presents from the kid, so that was cool.

But I did manage to get to 11:30 at night without having to change a poo diaper. As I was doing one last diaper change, I said to Wifey, "I'm invoking my father's day privilege. If this is a poo diaper, it's all yours." It wasn't.

But an hour or so later, both babies had pooed and let us know about it. Officially, my father's day privilege had expired, but kind Wifey tried to take care of it herself. But really, one of these was a code red emergency that demanded a two am bath (with hair wash) because it was just everywhere. A fire hose would have been nice. I had to get up for that one.

So maybe it wasn't just like every other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home