Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Preschool Blues

Just real quickly, I appreciate Michael Jackson's talent and his failings as a human being. Enough already.

I've been thinking, one of the reasons people have kids is to extend beyond themselves. In some ways you get to see somethings through a fresh set of eyes. Or at least think about how someone a lot smaller might see the world. I see Little J, and I want to see the world as she does. I don't mean the poor eye sight, but I can't remember what it's like to see everything fresh for the first time, and I sort of wish I did.

Today was her first day of pre school. I wished I could be with her all day. Partially to make sure that she was safe, but also just to really know what it was like for her. I know she attempted something like art today, but I don't know what it was or how it turned out.

I know I can't always be there. And this is just the first of many steps. But it isn't that easy to let go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home