Monday, January 05, 2009

1 kid + 1 kid > two kids worth of work.

Like a lot of people I got up this morning and groaned at the idea of having to go back to work. Time off is nice. Maybe I'm just lazy, but given the choice, I'd rather not work for a living. I'd rather stay home and do nothing. And really, my job ain't all that bad.

Today also marks another big life event. There's a little girl who's finally leaving the hospital to take over our house. Hopefully, she'll be a good little monster. Hopefully, she'll bring us just as much joy as her big sister. Hopefully, she'll grow strong, smart, and happy. Hopefully, her parents can survive taking care of her and her sister. I think our work has just multiplied. Funny, how kid math works.

A whole new year. I resolve to be the best parent I can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home