Monday, April 21, 2008

Future Oscar

Just in case anybody's been thinking of writing a screenplay, I've done some research into the basic formula. These are the elements you need. If you think about each one, you should be able to see, this is pretty accurate. Most good movies have all of these. Most bad movies miss at least one of these. My screenplay is very very early. I'm guessing I've got at least three years before I need to worry about my Michael Moore moment down in Hollywood.

1. The Hero (Rocky)
2. The Hero's Flaw (Low Self Esteem)
3. The Enabling Circumstance (Big Fight)
4. The Hero's Ally (Trainer, Adrian!))
5. Opponent (Appollo)
6. Life Changing Event (The montage)
7. Jeopardy (The fight)

3 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Lilstar said...

can i be an extra? :)

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Dinesh Ramde said...

Can I be the evil opponent? :)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Rid said...

i'm not going to the oscars by myself. lilstar will be up for best supporting actress. danish can watch from home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home