Saturday, September 09, 2006

Latest Reading

There are times that I have read things and said to myself, that's crap. How did that ever get in print. Other times, with really good writers I am amazed the creativity and the depth of the story they can tell. I wonder what pool of imagination are they dipping into to pull out that story. I marvel at their gift. I just finished reading a novel by Jonathan Lethem which is actually much more imaginative than its title, "As She Climbed Across the Table" might suggest. He wows me with his creativity too. "Amnesia Moon" was another great book. But it's a different kind of wow. Most of the time, when I'm blown away by something, I know I couldn't tell that story in a million years. Lethem makes me think if I had a few hundred, I might be able to pull it off. He's got his own depth too him, but he seems to do quirky, and that's something I could relate to and possibly emulate. Maybe I've found something to strive for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home