Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Finding Normal Again.

It's been over a week since I've been to work. I go back tomorrow. Usually when I've been away from work for a while, I dread going back. I know that there will be tons to catch up on, phone calls to return and a million emails.. This time, I'm pretty indifferent. I'm going back because this is the job I do. And they pay me for it. I'm just going back and hoping that it will somehow feel the same as it did a couple weeks ago. Something akin to normal.

Not going to work doesn't mean that we haven't been very busy. We had a three hour appointment with a doctor and a social worker yesterday. Today we had three appointments for the little one that were spread out enough that they took all day. We left the house at 9 and didn't get home until 6. And that doesn't include my camping trip at the hospital. I slept over at the hospital two straight nights. More on that later.

Given the problems, everyone has been pretty helpful in getting things scheduled as fast as they could. We've got a lot of the initial meetings out of the way, but there will be a lifetime more. A bunch will just have to become part of the regular routine and we're just going to have to adjust.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know much about your little one's condition, but I know enough that your life may never be "normal" again. However, normal is only a perception, and God has given us the amazing ability to adjust and overcome. Have faith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home