Saturday, October 03, 2009

It seems like forever since I've blogged.

Little J loves Puffins cereal. At about the 18 month mark it surpassed Cheerios as her must have food item. The other day she pointed at the box at the bird and said, "What's that?"

"That's a Puffin," I said.

She pointed at the picture of the cereal under the bird and said, "No, Puffin." I wasn't sure how to explain that the bird on the box was actually a puffin and that's what they just named the cereal, and no she was actually eating a wheat product and not actually a bird. Hopefully, she'll just work that out someday.

I start with that little lighthearted anecdote, because it's too hard to talk about anything else right now. It turns out my little one is sick. And not the sick that is going to get better anytime. It's been a brutal week of trying to keep up hope with bad news followed by more bad news. I can't remember the last time I actually cried, before this, but I feel l've cried or been on the verge of crying for much of the last few days.

We've got some answers now. Not all of them, but at least enough to start a game plan. The first thoughts before the first steps in a long journey.

I'm sure anyone reading this will have a lot of questions, but that's it for now. More later.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and yours are in my prayers. Hang in there!

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing that hurts more. It's hard, but please be strong, for her and for your family. They need you now more than ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home